Throughout our lives, we anticipate and plan for many of life’s most important events: our wedding, our first home, the birth of our children, family vacations and retirement. We plan ahead so that we can anticipate our family’s needs and make sure that all the details are taken care of. Why then, do so many people leave life’s most significant event to their loved ones to plan during a time of sadness and distress? Doesn’t it make sense to plan your funeral and cemetery arrangements ahead of time so that your family won’t have to?
By planning ahead, you can:
- Help ease your family's emotional burden.
Preplanning helps you protect your loved ones from the stress of making difficult funeral and financial decisions at a time of emotional upheaval. It also helps to eliminate emotional overspending by removing the guesswork about what you would have wanted.
The good news is that you don’t leave your family the pain of making critical decisions when they are least prepared. When you preplan, your family won’t have to guess and make hurried decisions that they can’t undo.
- Avoid difficult decisions at a stressful time.
We all realize that the best decisions are always those that are made calmly, rationally and with ample information at hand. That’s why it makes such good sense to plan ahead and take care of as many of the decisions as possible so that difficult choices won’t be left to the ones you love the most.
- Ensure that your wishes are known.
At some time or another, most of us have probably talked or joked with others about what type of funeral or memorial service we might have. But would your loved ones really know what you would have wanted? Take the time to make and record these important decisions now, together with the people you love.
How to get started.
We proudly offer our Simplicity Plan® prearrangement program that offers two flexible and easy ways to make these important decisions ahead of time.
1) The Simplicity Planner family planning guide:
- Lets you document all your family will need to know about your wishes and how you would like them to celebrate your life.
- Provides you with a place for you to write down important information your family will need, such as where to locate your bank accounts, insurance policies, and other important documents so that they won’t have to search unnecessarily.
To request a complimentary Simplicity Planner, please visit our Contact Us page, and fill out the form selecting the 'I'd like preplanning information and a FREE Simplicity Planner' option.
2) The Simplicity Plan online preplanning portal, Simplicity Plan®:
- One of the most complete, secure and valuable online planning programs available on the Internet.
- Guides you step-by-step through the planning process.
- Helps you organize, document and store everything your family will need in a single, secure online location.
- Provides your family immediate access to your personal, financial and legal information necessary to make educated final decisions on your behalf should you become incapacitated or pass away.
- Protects your information in a single, secure online location so that your information can’t be lost or destroyed in the event of a fire, flood or human error.
To learn more about securely recording your funeral or cemetery wishes online, click here.
Simplicity Plan takes the worry and confusion out of the preplanning process. We also make it easy on those who will have to carry out your wishes because they’ll know just where to go and what to do, thanks to our simple, convenient and secure online program.
You might also find interesting: